Click here to get to Posts (or click on Page number/Icon ->)

News, Comments and Memories from a Great Shipping Line

Click here to get to Posts (or click on Page number/Icon ->)

Postby 667974_bluestar » Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:20 pm

This is a place for Ex-Blue Star Employees and others associated with the Company to post Information, Comments, Stories and Memeories
667974_bluestar
Site Admin

Re: Welcome to the Blue Star Logbook

Postby Fraser Darrah » Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:29 am

This new Log Book has been programmed by Jim Blake after my miserable failure to come up with a replacement.
So many thanks to him for all the work he has put in to it. The archives are still at http://www.bluestarline.org/log_book.html and I will link to them shortly.
Note to open a post click on the Image icon.
Fraser Darrah
Fraser Darrah

Postby Walley T » Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:46 am

Good one Fraser and Jim. :D
Walley.
Walley T

New Logbook

Postby COLINCOLLIER » Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:05 am

Hi all, pleased that the Logbook is back, suffered withdrawal symptoms during its absence, Many thanks to Fraser and Jim, best wishes to all Colin Collier.
COLINCOLLIER

Re: New Logbook

Postby Redtaff » Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:44 am

Can only repeat Colin's message.
I have found Sea Breezes Magazines in my loft, with the histories of Blue Star Line and Lamport and Holt.
Would there be any interest if I scanned them and forwarded them?
John Cullen
Redtaff

Postby bluey1958 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:34 pm

Great to see the logbook back, many thanks to Fraser and Jim.
Hugh Reid
bluey1958

Postby tom sommerville » Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:07 am

This new look might take a bit of getting used to and I thought Facebook was difficult....and still do. Tom Sommerville
tom sommerville

Postby Jim Blake » Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:38 pm

Hi Tom. You are not kidding, it's a lot different to what we had before. Unfortunately, this bulletin board software was the best of a fairly restricted bunch, and its prime virture (apart from being free!) was that it had a lot more configurable options than we needed, so it should be possible to reduce the clutter and simplify the thing. I am hoping to gradually massage it down to a more manageable shape in the next weeks, but was keen to get the "bare bones" working as I know a lot of people use the Log, and would miss it.

You (and indeed all users) could help me by suggesting/requesting/demanding changes: I may not be able to make all of them, but I will know what is liked and what is disliked, and can push things in the right direction (and the first thing is to get the distorted house-flag at the top sorted...you would think a simple thing like that would be easy, but its hidden on the innards of the program :? )

Cheers

Jim Blake
Jim Blake

Postby JBW » Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:16 pm

Hello All again, here is another one who has kept waiting for the Log to re-appear, but it was worth waiting for. I thought I knew my way around a computer but have realised I am still found wanting, but at least I am with it again so let's all enjoy the log and hope many topics surface. Incidentally I am checking my Hips for Iron Filings, not the best of news!!!!!!!!! John Wilmot
JBW

Postby bluey1958 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:34 pm

Hi Jim,
I don't pretent to know what magic you used to produce this replacement log book but it, in my opion, fills the bill admirably.
Provided there is not a limit on the number of posts under each topic we could have a general topic for chit chat as before and if Fraser or anyone else wishes to highlight a reunion or simply ask a specific question then they can start a new topic exactly as Fraser has done for the Liverpool reunion.
Well that's my thoughts on the subject - I was goimg to suggest that you could have a suggestion topic but having read some of the posts in the old log that maybe dodgy.
Regards,
Hugh Reid
bluey1958

Next

Return to General Chat