Captain Sandy Kinghorn

A Place to remember Shipmates who have crossed the bar

Captain Sandy Kinghorn

Postby Jim Blake » Sun May 16, 2021 8:33 am

We recieved following from Captain Thomas Jones yesterday:-

"I received the sad news of Captain Sandy Kinghorn's passing this afternoon from his wife Brenda. Sandy passed away in hospital near his daughter Susan in the early hours of Wednesday morning 12th. May. Sandy had been unwell for some time and had walking difficulties as well as other complications.

His funeral will be on the 26th. May 1.45PM at St. Albans Church, Earsdon and later at the Tyne Mouth Crematorium. With only 30 persons currently allowed in places of worship it has been agreed people will stand outside the RNLI Lifeboat Station Cullercoats as a token of respect to Sandy who used to give talks to the members. Suggest anyone who wishes to pay their respects to Sandy, stand along with others at the RNLI lifeboat station Cullercoats.

Anyone wishing to contact Mrs. Kinghorn may do so on Tel. No. 0191 2521226 or send Condolence Cards to:

Mrs. B. KInghorm,

15, Kendal Avenue,

Cullercoats,

North Shields.

Tyne & Wear,

NE30 3AQ.

Those that knew Sandy will know they have lost a friend and great character."

I can personally agree with Tom as I sailed with Sandy & have spoken to him every year since he last attended in 2015 until COVID struck us all, as although he could not attend he always sent a donation to VGSA.

I wish Sandy Fair Winds & Following Seas."
Jim Blake

Return to Obituaries